The last train to leave Hemyock, a diesel engine No. 8Z 80. 31st October 1975.
An elevated view of the remains of Hemyock Station in 1975. The Station building has been demolished. The building seen on the right was once a cafe. The kissing gate in the foreground and the tracks have now long gone.
Rev. Anthony Grosse (now retired) pictured during the delivery of one of his absorbing sermons c.1973.
Ringers in the bell tower 1970. L-R. Len Mutter, Les White, Tom Bright, Martin Pring, Royston Perrott, Les Morrell, Alan Watson and Fred Perrott.
Geraldine Marke, for many years Geraldine was the Hemyock post lady.
Norman Lowman working in Doble’s garage in his days as a mechanic. Norman is now retired. One of his great loves in gardening and his floral decoration of his home in Station Road is a joy to behold. He is also an enthusiastic photographer.
Ronald Doble, a builder, who began his career as a carpenter and wheelwright. The family business is now continued by his son Brian.
Dennis Hart. Dennis’s family first came to Hemyock in 1702 and have been builders in the village for generations. He has now retired but his son, Steve, continues to run the family business.
Brian Clist and son Julian gathering data relating to Hemyock’s weather. Brian’s weather station is officially recognised and is used for gathering a wide range of information relating to rainfall, air movement, temperature, sunshine, humidity etc.